Thursday, April 28, 2011

Be Patient

I am a woman, so thus I am watching the NFL draft and will arise tomorrow morning for:
THE ROYAL WEDDING!

will you be watching?!


I am so excited. For weeks I have wondered: will she wear sleeves? will it be a big princess dress or is that too obvious? will her dad walk her down the isle? will he be in a normal tux? what will her flowers be? what colors has she picked?
and tomorrow morning all these answers will be answered! I can not wait!
did you know that they will not kiss at the alter? how sad! but I'm anticipating the balcony kiss!

yes, you don't even have to ask: I have researched this wedding too much.
no shame.

Day 24: What is Jesus teaching you presently?

So remember that post I did on my attitude at work? I seem to have wrote that and didn't read it too well.
The thing is girls, work has really been testing my patience lately. I've wanted out so badly.
Yesterday I got a call back from an application and it was the biggest bummer ever. Or so I thought.
Today at work I talked to one of my managers and we had a wonderful conversation about my attitude. Since I've been there for 2 years, he knew something had been going on; I just haven't been the Megan he know and loves.

Long convo short: he was telling me he cared about me and to not let the little things get to me.

I took it as God telling me to be content with where I am and what I have.

Christ never complained. He never gossiped, and He defiantly never took anything for granted.
He's teaching me right now how to not do the above. And it's really awesome that He's using people in my life to tell me and help me through them.
He's the greatest example for us on how to live life.
It gives me the greatest joy to know that not only does Christ love me, but He's my biggest cheerleader right now. He's on my side and wants me to do my best.
But wants me to learn a couple lessons along the way.

He's also teaching me about thankfulness. I have so much to be thankful for. So much more than I could ever count. He teaching me how to find the things to be thankful for in every situation, to find the gratefulness. Because thankfulness leads to trusting in Him. Trusting that I'm where I am for His purpose, not my own.

We're so blessed!

Off to get a couple hours of sleep before the wedding!
I think a lot of our invites got lost in the mail...ya, that's what I'm going with :)


1 comment:

Off Label Mama said...

This is wonderful! I've been learning a lot about my identity lately in Christ. I guess maybe being appreciative of where I'm at in life could go hand-in-hand with that.

 
site design by designer blogs