Thursday, March 24, 2011

Encouragement

God is love.
Simple enough right? You'd think that it would be plastered over everything when you walk into a Christian book store...nope. Or maybe I'm just blind.
But today I found the cutest new addition to my desk! And my photo for today:

breathe. 365
(what a great name for a BLOG!)


I love encouragement. If it was normal to walk around telling myself how great I was every day I might do it, but since it's not (or it could be considered boastful) I love getting encouraging comments, emails, texts, phone calls, you name it!
And don't we all?!

Day 7: Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.

One of my very best friends is about to head off to Jamaica with her youth group for a Missions Trip...during Spring Break. Yep, when most people would be taking the week off and enjoying the beach, Diana is leading her youth to do more.
Diana is a beautiful young woman on fire for God. I have been so beyond blessed this past year and a half to have her in my life. We used to work together, and she was always the girl I'd talk about God with (which in a restaurant, that's a HUGE deal). She'd ask me questions about the bible and God, always inquiring more. I then joined a small group with her and we started a bible study. I then (and now) get to watch her lead a youth group. Diana was blessed with an amazing internship (and because she rocks) now officially works at the church.

God is so Mighty!

I have been able to be a part of a woman's life that had a lot of questions a year ago, and is now quoting scripture. Gives me goose bumps!
We have formed a magnificent friendship along the way and have become sisters in Christ. Our futures are so bright because we've centered them on Him!

So Diana, be the hands and feet there that you are here next week! Shine not only your wonderful and contagious smile, but the light God has given you! I am so blessed to call you a friend and am so unbelievably proud of you. You are a shining example of Christ and I can't wait to see what else He has in store for you!
Keep on this awesome path that He's guiding you on because you are so inspirational!
Have a great time next week! We'll be praying for you!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

praying for both of you ladies!! :) God is so deserving of our praises...and of our lives!

 
site design by designer blogs