Friday, December 31, 2010

Here's to a New Year!

It's almost here! 2011: a new year to create new memories, take new pictures, tell new jokes, find new adventure, drink new wine, write new stories, find things new! I can't believe that January is already here!
I think if I took a poll from Facebook, the year 2010 could go down as the worst...it was great for me! All years are great! They're all filled with so many highs and a couple lows, but that's life. And since it's December 31, it's time to take a look back at my year.

So here they are, my top 10 moments of 2010:

10) although it's been a roller coaster: planning my wedding (the good and the bad moments)

9) finding my niche for writing

8) buying the wedding dress that my mom picked out for me <3

7) our engagement party/seeing all the best of friends in one room!

6) my wedding shower/ bachelorette party!

5) getting excepted into UCF, and the the Journalism program

4) watching my dad come to Christ at 55 years old

3) Reaggys birth! born June 29, 2010: Reagan Elizabeth Hollowell

2) being water baptized:
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved-Mark 16:16

1) saying yes at Disney during the fireworks.

And that's just ten...but to be honest, it was a little tough coming up with those! That's not to say that my year wasn't anything short of amazing, but try and come up with yours, see how slowly the time goes...or is it possible that I've had too many and had a hard time narrowing it down to just 10?
Leave a comment with your favorite moment from 2010.

Life is so short isn't it? It's always around this time that makes me really appreciate the time the good Lord has given me down here. Think about this...a whole year is gone. Just like that. The last 365 days of your life are gone, and you can't ever re-live them or take back what you did or didn't do.
So, how was your 2010?
A little rushed if we're being honest. I keep hearing that 'oh you're young, enjoy the ride of life that doesn't seem to come with an emergency break' (ok maybe I added the break part in, but we were all thinking it). But when does life slow down, or will it ever? As human beings, we're creatures of habits, unfortunately some of us, bad habits. Like the inability to slow down and breathe.

So this year...I'm going to breathe. I'm going to slow down (well not too much let's be honest here). I'll read more, walk outside more, spend more time a day with God. I'll focus more on the little things in life, the here and now, and for once give up 'the big picture'.


Here is to a new year.

This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
-Marilyn Monroe

Off to cheers 2010 and embrace 2011.

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs