Monday, March 18, 2013

made for more.


i'm in the middle of reading you're made for a God-sized dream and can hardly come up with words. 
but i can say with 100% certainty that the good Lord is speaking to me. 

up until now, i've been almost afraid to say my dream out loud. it's been this quiet thing i've been working on, letting people know here and there. but never something i've been able to say with confidence. 
there's been a lot of fear. 

i have a dream of becoming a wedding photographer. 

it's a big dream that requires a lot of work. 
work that i'm ready to do, but just scared to get going. 

i've been really struggling with confidence lately, and wondering if this is truly what the Lord has called me to do. 
because honestly, i've thought the Lord has called me to do a lot of things.
so what made this different?

i have no idea. 

really, i don't. 

i'm not sure why this dream is different but i can feel that it it. 

"it's not about what you do as much as how you do it. it's about pursuing life with passion and purpose and going with God wherever He leads. it's about not settling. it's about tenaciously believing you're made for more." -holley gerth

i know i was made for more than waiting tables. 
God created me with this dream. this huge dream that's full of excitement and fear. 
He made it that way, so i'd turn to Him every step of the way. 

i'd praise Him for the bookings. 
and i'd come crawling to Him in fear. 
knowing He's right there to comfort me. 

i know this isn't going to be easy. 
dreams aren't supposed to be easy. 

but i'm ready for it. 
i'm ready to stop making excuses about my God-sized dream, and get out there and make it happen.

i was made for more.

"you have what it takes to see those dreams come true because you have a limitless God living in you. He has given you all you need and made you all you need to be." -holley gerth

amen, amen, amen.

huge God, little megan, big dreams. 
it's like the three just go together. 

i know, that without God, my dreams will never leave my brain. they won't even make it to paper. 
i'm so thankful that because of Him, their hitting paper and coming alive. 

i think i've needed a kick start.
and this book is just that. 
God has placed this little gem in my life at the most perfect moment. 

ideas are brewing, thoughts are racing. 
and mostly...
well mostly, i'm just so excited to be the daughter of a King who has already set this dream in motion for me. 

i'm learning that the first, and most important step in this whole process, is giving the dream to God. this dream i have of being a photographer. i gave it to Him. 
and He's decided it's a pretty good dream, and has blessed my socks off already. 

if you've got something stirring in your heart, pray. 
and then get this book. 
it's changing my thoughts, actions, and helping me pursue my God-sized dream. 

i can't wait to share more with you sweet readers!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I so believe that you can accomplish this dream! i am right there with you babe! I have felt God tugging on my heart in a direction that seems a little scary to me because I am afraid to fail, but with God we really can do it. I am so proud of you and will be praying for you. I love you and miss you!!!

Luiselle Ailin said...

Remember the word: All things are possible...In his name, with his Grace and Power! Im on a hard battle too for My big dream! i feel most of the time incapable but i know God is by my side, and is by yours too.

Work as it depends on you and Trust as it depends on him!

Blessings are on its way!

Brittany Kyte said...

It can be so scary, can't it, To believe for a God-sized dream? But it is oh-so worth it to watch Him SURPASS them!

Annie said...

you are going to be a spanking awesome wedding photographer. you already ARE! can't wait to see how God leads you on this path! love you!

 
site design by designer blogs