Thursday, October 6, 2011

day 5 {one Lord}

Ephesians 4:4-5
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism (TNIV)

if you open the newspaper today, you'll see a lot about 'hope'. mostly from politicians. they all want us to think that they are what 'hope' means. 

but their wrong.

finding peace in the Lord is a beautiful blessing, but what about hope?
sure you can be at peace with Him about certain situations, but how about hope for your future? 

paul's telling us about this one hope. the same hope that's found with the One Spirit we're called to. 

so I'm thinking peace and hope go hand in hand.

meaning: when things get really tough and it's hard to look for the moon that night, there's hope in Christ.

lately I've been having these 'it doesn't matter because I'll be in heaven moments'. weird I know, but it's been these moments that I've realized that my future hope is with Him...and that's amazing.

why no worries? because He is my One Lord.

there's a reasons the bible talks so much about false Gods. because He knew we'd be bombarded with so many things in today society like money, music, friends, and the millions of other things that are fighting for our attention. 

and this is where that one faith comes into play.

sure we can have all those things but it's what we do with those things. it's Who we thank for those things...do you get where I'm going with this?

God wants us to have blessings (that's why He gives them to us) but He most certainly doesn't ever want us to make those things more important than Him. 

what's more important than God in our lives? for me, it's become my busy time. I load my day up with things and before I know it I've hit the bed and not even given God a 'hey' during the day.

be honest with Him, and your self when answering.

so how do I work on that? slow down (Billy Madison anyone?).

make the time. 

and finally, one baptism. 
this might go against your doctrine that you believe in, but do you know the bible only tells us to be baptized after we believe in Jesus?

it's why so many people are baptized later in life...because when you're a baby you don't know Who Jesus is.

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

I got baptized last April. it was amazing friends. one of those moments in my life i can hardly explain because it was so amazing. you have to make the decision because you want to, and you feel it's the right time. God will honor your decision no matter how old you are. as long as you've accepted Him as your savior.

challenge: first off, think about what's in your life that's standing in the way with God...and be honest. and second, if you've never been water baptized, pray about it. if you've got any questions about it please don't hesitate to email me, I'd love to pray for you!

Father we know that You are our One True God. You shower us with blessings daily, so please forgive us when we forget where they've come from. Give us the strength we need daily God. Im praying for these sweet friends God, and thanking You for each one of them reading this. and God give them wisdom for baptism. we know that following You is the best decision we can make, and that water baptism is another way of showing that. thank You for this beautiful day. 
amen

(plese forgive the lack of pretty on this post and the lateness of it. we traveled yesterday and I'm on my phone right now. have a great day!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reflecting on hindrances lately too. The blessings should not get in the way of the Blesser. I keep striving for God, asking for forgiveness every time something else gets in the way of me meeting with Him.

Kristen said...

AMEN and amen! What a wonderful post!

 
site design by designer blogs