Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Virtue

Day 9: What vitrtue's do you value in yourself?
Can we be honest?
Virtue is one of those words that we use a lot, and I don't think I really get what it means.

I feel like it's one of those words that if you really stop to think about how you would explain the definition, you'd get that 'well, you know...it's...virtue!'

My good friend Webster defines virtue as:
-moral excellence; goodness; righteousness
-a good or admirable quality or property
-the quality of doing what is right and avoiding what is wrong
-conformity to a standard of right

Morals.
I like that word a lot better than virtues. I get morals.

I really like 'conformity to a standard of right'...boy does that conger up some opinions.
What is the 'standard of right?'

For me, it's easy to answer: Jesus.

So what virtues do I value in myself?
What are my morals?

I believe in life.
I think helping people is more important than getting ahead.
I think marriage is the most important part of a man and woman's life.
I think humility is difficult at times, but is the most important thing about someone.
I think I am wise, wise enough for being 22.
I think it does go: first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage.
I think I'm 'old fashioned' for 2011.
I think giving up an extra $10 to a homeless person is better than just turning away.
I think I have too much.
I was raised by great parents that instilled in me how to be a successful American.
I think family is the most important thing.


(this is in my bathroom, right where I see it everyday)
breathe.365

We celebrated moms birthday last night! Us girls got pizza to bring home for the boys.
Life is more fun when you have girlfriends (and family) to celebrate with :)
Even though it was yesterday:

Happy Birthday to the worlds best Mom!!
I am who I am, because of you.

I get my values from my parents. They raised me to be the woman I am today and I don't think I could ever say thank you enough.
Thank your parents for who you are today.
Maybe you didn't have the best parents growing up, but they could have shown you how not to be. Which in turn made you the amzing person you are today. Or maybe you are like me, where your parents put their nose in every aspect of your life, and even though it drove you bonkers, it made you who you are today.

Family, can't live with them. And you can't live with out them.

AND! I finally put up pictures from the wedding! Go check them out in the wedding tab :)

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs