Wednesday, June 29, 2011

tradition & a birthday

today my best friend is coming to visit for a week and I can't even try and tell you how excited I am.


you see, we met in kindergarten, fighting over the same boy, and it's been bliss since.

when you look up best friend in the dictionary, her face is there.

there isn't a moment in my life that I can look back on and not see her in the picture.

we have this 9 year long tradition. nine years is a really long time. and actually if you want to get more specific you could say before that.

we grew up in the little town of Aurora, Ohio where every Fourth of July all the families would gather at Sunny Lake park to sit on the big hill and watch the fireworks.

in the 7th grade, we moved. no longer allowing us to go to Sunny Lake.
the following summer, Josie came to visit, and since then we've only missed one Fourth of July together.

it's a tradition not worth breaking. and yes the older we get, the more difficult it is to plan trips around school and families, and jobs...but we do it because we just can't think of doing it with out each other.

tradition makes me happy.
the same thing at the same time each year.
it's so simple.

do you have any long standing traditions with friends?

I'm so blessed to have her in my life.

so here's to tradition!


also.

today is Reagans first birthday (you know, that adorable baby I post pictures of all the time).
I was making coffee this morning and cried because I couldn't believe it's been a year.

I'm getting old.

{blurry, but awesome}


I am so blessed to be able to watch her grow up and I can't wait for all the rest of her birthdays I'll get to celebrate with her!

happy birthday Reaggy poo! Aunt Meggy loves you so so so much!


1 comment:

Annie said...

oh, you and Josie are going to have so much fun! happy first birthday, Reagan!

 
site design by designer blogs