Monday, April 4, 2011

I think I can, I think I can

Day 11: Post a recipe.

I was going to cheat and just post my cookie recipe, but then I remembered that I'm trying to do the whole wife thing...and I hear most cook? ;)

So here it is:
Jamaican Jerk Salmon with Mango & Pineapple Salsa
(thanks to Self Magazine for the recipe!)
salsa:
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
1/2 pineapple, cored and diced
1 cup rinsed canned black beans
 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3/4 tsp salt

jerk:
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp cinnamon

4 salmon filet's
1 tsp olive oil

Combine mangoes, pineapple, black beans, onion, cilantro and salt in a bowl.
*note: red onions are very over powering! be careful not to use too much!
Combine allspice, cumin, thyme, cayenne, salt and cinnamon in another bowl; rub over both sides of each piece of salmon.
Heat oil in large skillet pan on medium heat, cook salmon; 5 minutes per side.
Serve with salsa.

Here's a couple things I did.
1) added rice. does it make it as healthy as before? prob not, but I need some starch!
2) I skipped the 'rub' the recommended because we have amazing seasoning. If you're on a budget, I'd recommend just sticking to one seasoning or a couple.


(the salsa)


bon appetit! breathe.365


I'm actually really impressed with myself! And proud!
The hubby said it was good, and I enjoyed it myself, which is always a plus! This may be a start for me to cook more...maybe not who knows!

Sunday was my day of rest. Sonny went golfing so I had the house to myself all day...I read, sat in the sun, and even took a glance at my school work. I have to say, I'm actually ready for fall to be here so I go back full time. One class is boring!

Have a great night love bugs!


No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs